The Value of Our Partners
Mines students are already known for their strong work ethic, analytical skills, teamwork attitude, and perseverance. Graduates of the HE program’s two minors (Engineering for Community Development or Leadership in Social Responsibility) have a diploma from one of the best engineering schools in the country, like their peers at Mines, but they also offer much more. HE graduates learn to:
- Develop broader interests, a motivation to do social good, and a strong commitment to social and environmental responsibility;
- LISTEN (the most important yet often neglected dimension of human communication) in addition to become excellent writers and presenters of ideas.
- Define and solve problems with stakeholders from different perspectives and interests;
- Design multiple solutions under restricted budgets and ambiguous boundary conditions;
- Integrate the technical and social dimensions of every problem as they know that engineering is ALWAYS a socio-technical endeavor; and
- Develop stronger overall professional skills.